Are you currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate studies program in the United States?
Your academic qualifications and internship experience in the United States are considered an asset for most US companies. In addition, you have already integrated to American society and way of life. This puts you in a very good position to pursue short-term or long-term employment in the country.
USA Student Visa provides consulting services to international students looking to pursue employment in the United States.
All foreign workers must obtain permission to work in the US in the form of a valid work visa or an employment-based green card. Depending on the term of employment, you can either apply for a visa or a green card.
If you want to work in the United States for a defined period of time, you are required to apply for a work visa.
All work visa categories require the prospective employer to first file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before you can begin processing your visa application.
There are several categories of temporary work visas in the US.
Learn more about them below:
• H-1B. An H1B visa is issued to foreign nationals who intend to work in the US in a specialty occupation (e.g. engineering) for a sponsoring employer.
• H-2B. An H2B visa is issued to foreign nationals who are willing and able to undertake seasonal or temporary work in a range of industries (except agriculture) across the US.
• L-1. The L1 visa allows international companies to sponsor senior and key employees to work in the US.
Note that you cannot enter the United States with a working visa if you do not have a legitimate job offer and an authorized labor certification.
On the contrary, if you want to work and live in the United States permanently, you should apply for a Green Card.
A Green Card is a government-issued document that serves as proof of lawful permanent residency status in the United States. It allows all cardholders to live and work in the United States provided they do not commit any actions or crimes that are punishable by US legislation.
There are many ways to obtain permanent residency in the United States. However, if you want to immigrate specifically for employment purposes, you should file an application for either of the following:
• EB1 Green Card. An EB1 Green Card is issued for priority workers with extraordinary abilities and a permanent employment opportunity in the US.
• EB2 Green Card. An EB2 Green Card is issued for advanced degree holders or those with exceptional ability and a permanent employment opportunity in the US.
• EB3 Green Card. An EB3 Green Card is issued for professional, skilled and other workers with a permanent employment opportunity in the US.
• EB4 Green Card. An EB4 Green Card is issued for certain special immigrants with a permanent employment opportunity in the US.
• EB5 Green Card. An EB5 Green Card is issued for entrepreneurs who can invest in a new commercial enterprise that will open up more jobs in the United States.